Second Multiplier event
Location : Kavadarci, Republic of North Macedonia
Host Partner- AgFutura Technologies
Mediators : Blagoja Mukanov, Nadica Angjusheva, Mario Petkovski
Date : 13.12.2019
Farming 4.0 is a project with main goal to achieve more successful adoption of specifically developed ICTs for agriculture, thus contributing for the development of the agriculture sector and the rural areas. With special attention put on the farmers as main target group of the project (other target groups of the project are high school students, professors and advisors) this Multiplier event had the purpose to introduce the project with its main objectives and intellectual outputs.
This multiplier event was held by the partner AgFutura Technologies, at SOZSU – Agriculture High School in Kavadarci, Republic of North Macedonia. On this event, 21 participants had the opportunity to learn more about the project and its results. From the total of 21 participants, 5 were farmers from the Strumica region in Republic of North Macedonia and 3 were farmers for the Negotino region. Nine professors participated from Agricultural High schools from different cities in the country (Skopje, Kumanovo, Resen and Kavadarci), 1 representative from the Ministry of Agriculture, 1 expert and 2 directors of agricultural high schools representative from a non-governmental organization.
The team at AgFutura presented the following Intellectual Outputs on this Multiplier event:
- Curriculum for ICT knowledge and skills for VET in agriculture – presented by our main Precision Agriculture specialist Mario Petkovski. Presentation of the draft created content;
- Guidelines – presented by our main Precision Agriculture specialist Mario Petkovski. Presentation of the main elements of the guideline.
After initial presentation of the project curriculum and the guidelines two discussions were conducted among the participants:
1st Debate – The future of digital agriculture (from farmers perspective)?
2nd Debate – Opinion on the newly developed technologies in agriculture that are subject of learning in the content?
On these debates, several conclusions are noted:
- The most important factor of why digital technologies can be or should be implemented is the land capacity. How much land does a farmer own. For a small portion of land they do not think that it will produce good revenue;
- Not enough practical work or equipment in agricultural high schools and universities in Macedonia. There is no mentioning of digital technologies in any subject in agricultural high schools and universities in Macedonia;
- One crucial factor is the lack of prosperity and land consolidation;
- All farmers agree that there is not enough revenue for acquiring this new digital equipment. They do not have the capacities to invest in expensive equipment
- All participants expressed their need of a training center. They want to learn the content first theoretically, then practically;
For evaluating this multiplier event AgFutura Technologies developed evaluation forms/questionnaires. These questionnaires were distributed to the participants in order to learn their opinions on the event, the moderators of the event, the platform and the project in its entirety.
According to the evaluation forms, the participants were very satisfied with the presented material as well as the way the moderators presented the project. Please check results on the table below:
|How was the event organized according to you? (place, agenda, organization, food)||0||0||0||4||13||17||4.764705|
|How useful will be the information presented to you at the event?||0||0||0||4||13||17||4.764705|
|How would the moderator and the presenters rate the event?||0||0||0||3||14||17||4.823529|
|Did you feel comfortable and relaxed in participating in the discussion and asking questions?||0||0||1||2||14||17||4.764705|
|How would you rate the event in general?||0||0||0||3||14||17||4.823529|
From the evaluation forms we have come to the conclusion that the multiplier event for the project Farming 4.0 was successfully organized with the overall rating/grade of 4.7 (1being the lowest and 5 the highest).
Next Multiplier event
Next multiplier event (closing event) for the partner AgFutura will be held in September 2020.